With outside temps steadily rising, now is the time to cool down with your favorite treat. Fortunately, I have you covered. Here are my 50 favorite cool treats in the Little Rock area.
Most are sweet, some are not, and a few are for adults only. In no particular order…
- Concrete at The Original ScoopDog
Hot Take: Like all great concretes, ScoopDog’s come with many different add-ins. The mint Oreo is a wonderful option, as is the strawberry cheesecake.
- Frozen Mojito at Heights Taco & Tamale Co.
Hot Take: Add a pineapple rum or dark rum floater to make things even better.
- Agua de Pina at Rosalinda’s
- Peachy Keet at Petit & Keet
- Strawberry Limeade at Burge’s
- Horchata at Gorditas Paty
- Double Vanilla Ice Cream at Loblolly Creamery
Hot Take: Obviously, there are so many great flavors to choose from, but the Double Vanilla is still tops in my book.
- Lemon Icebox Pie at Cinnamon Crème Bakery
Hot Take: You will be tempted by the cinnamon rolls or donuts, but if you see the lemon icebox pie in the case, get it.
- Bubble Tea at Three Fold Noodles and Dumpling Co.
- Coconut Cream Pie at The Whippet
- Milk Shake at Big Orange
- Snow Cone at Cajun Sno
- The Perfect Margarita at The Pizzeria
Hot Take: I do not usually get caught up in braggadocio names for drinks, but The Pizzeria’s margarita is aptly named.
- Pineapple Whip at Arkansas Pineapple Whip
- Strawberry Lemonade at Aretha’s Beverages
Hot Take: This drink is super sweet, but it is the heavy hand of basil that takes it to another level and adds a nice balance.
- Cappuccino Jar with Yarnell’s at Kemuri
- Raspberry Cream Pie at Trio’s
- Key Lime Pie at Trio’s
- Mango Sticky Rice at kBird
- Affogato at Deluca’s Pizzeria
- 40-oz Beer at Lassis Inn
Hot Take: I’ve only done this once, but watching an iced cold, 40-ounce bottle of beer get yanked out of the freezer is a food memory I will never forget.
- Breakfast Parfait at The Root
- Southern Comfortable at Capital Bar & Grill (temporarily closed)
Hot Take: Xante’s Pear Brandy, lemon juice, Yellow Chartreuse, peach syrup, and a ton of crushed ice make this one of the best drinks in town.
- Gelato at ZAZA
- Frosty Mug of Milk at Gadwall’s Grill
Hot Take: While I am lactose intolerant, I still can appreciate when a restaurant serves up a frosty mug of milk.
- Concrete at Shake’s Frozen Custard
- Chocolate Sack at SO
- Old Fashioned at Rock Town Distillery
- Pecan Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream at Soul Fish Café
- My Name is Earl Grey at Fidel & Co
- Strawberry Harvest Mint Iced Tea at Abbi’s Teas & Things
- Cold Beer at Crazee’s Café
Hot Take: Fried catfish and a Fat Tire are a match made in heaven, especially at Crazee’s Café.
- Ice Cream Ball at The Pizzeria
Hot Take: The Pizzeria has a second entry on my list, this time with a giant ball of vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate sauce and chopped pecans.
- Tres Leches Cake at Mockingbird Bar and Tacos
- Honey Ginger Lemonade at The Root
- Ice Cream at Just Ice Cream
Hot Take: This ice cream shop in Benton uses Loblolly Ice Cream, so it obviously makes the list.
- Watermelon Granita at Ciao Baci
Hot Take: Honestly, this is not a dessert that is always on the menu, but if you see it, order it. The watermelon granita is about as cool and refreshing as it gets.
- Blueberry Smoothie at The Humble Crumb Bakery
- Iced Mocha at Mylo Coffee Co.
- Coconut Cream Fried Pie at Morrison’s Fried Pies
Hot Take: The trick here is to pop this fried hand pie into the refrigerator for a few hours. The custard, coconut-laced filling becomes completely irresistible.
- Mexican Coke & Rum at Baja Grill
Hot Take: Simple and brilliant, all Baja Grill does here is pour out a little Coke and add rum in its place.
- Fruit Punch at Mexico Chiquito
- Sticky Toffee Cake at Table 28
- Popsicles at Le Pops
Hot Take: Le Pops is summer, and the popsicle options are endless. My favorite is probably the Chocolate Marvel, but the Salted Caramel is exceptional, as is the strawberry.
- Root Beer at Diamond Bear Brewing Co.
- Caipirinha at Café Bossa Nova
- Mojito at La Terraza
Hot Take: Without a doubt, La Terraza makes the best mojito in town. The fresh ingredients make all the difference.
- Nitro Iced Coffee at Nexus Coffee and Creative
- Strawberry Pudding at Raduno Brick Oven & Barroom (seasonal)
- Blueberry Pomegranate Kombucha at Teaberry Kombucha Co.