Easter weekend is right around the corner and the state of Arkansas is getting ready for all the festivities. Typical traditions were put on pause last year with the beginning stages of the pandemic, but this year brings new blooms, new life, and CDC guided events.
Communities, churches and businesses are opening their doors, lawns and parks for families to gather. Better days are on the horizon, so celebrate and hop to any of these local events!
Burns Park Eggstravaganza
- When: April 3, 10 am – 6 pm
- Where: Funland Amusement Park
- What: Burns Park has organized a fun-filled day of egg hunts, food trucks, crafts, rides, “Bump-n-Jumps,” and of course, the Easter Bunny will be making an appearance.
Easter Fest 2021
- When: April 3, 1-3 pm
- Where: 2200 S 13th Street, Rogers, AR
- What: Advertised as the biggest Easter event in NWA, enjoy bounce houses, obstacle courses, a climbing wall, the Easter Bunny and egg hunts broken down by age groups for an even playing field.
Underwater Easter Egg Hunt
- When: April 3, times vary
- Where: River Center in Benton
- What: Available to all ages, dive for eggs, win prizes, and BYOB (bring your own basket)! Register on the River Center website for a time to dive and take note that only one family member per swimmer may attend.
Easter Egg Hunt-to-go Kit Pick up
- When: April 3, 10 – 11 am
- Where: First United Methodist Church Rogers, AR
- What: The Kidmin Team at FUMCR invites the community to swing by and grab an Easter Egg Hunt-to-Go Kit. Each child in a group will receive a kit that contains two dozen pre-filled eggs, a craft, recipe, devotion and other goodies!
Drive-Thru Easter Event
- When: April 3, 11 am – 1 pm
- Where: 2980 Old Morrilton Hwy, Conway
- What: Hosted by Cadron Ridge Baptist Church, the Gospel will be presented to guests through a series of stations to drive through. All guests will receive a goodie bag with crafts, refreshments and an Easter book. Photo booths and prizes will also be available.
Annual Easter Fun Run
- When: April 3, 12 pm
- Where: The Pine Hill Ranch
- What: Hosted by Rock City Harley Davidson, the community is invited to ride with the group from Rock City Harley Davidson to Pine Hill or meet them there. Egg hunts will be organized for kids and adults to enjoy in separate fields, and there will be eight golden eggs for the lucky participants to find.
Color Me EGG-cited DARE Run
- When: April 3, 9 am
- Where: Joe Mack Campbell Park
- What: Participate in a two mile color run to benefit the Jonesboro D.A.R.E. program. Between each color station, you’ll receive an egg, and all participants 12 under will be able to participate in an egg hunt following the run. Some eggs have gift card prizes! Hot dogs and drinks will be provided and guests are encouraged to dress up for the occasion and have fun!
BoBrook Farms Spring Fling
- When: April 3, 10 am – 4 pm
- Where: BoBrook Farms LLC
- What: BoBrook Farms and River Bottom Winery are hosting this year’s Spring Fling. Egg hunts, hay rides, mazes, live music, farm animals, food trucks, wine tastings, the Easter bunny, prizes and more surprises awaiting! Tickets are $7 per person and all activities (excluding food) are included in the ticket.
The Great Passion Play
- When: April 2 – 3 (will resume on Memorial Day weekend and continue through October 30)
- Where: 935 Passion Play Road, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- What: Check out America’s #1 Outdoor Drama according to the Institute of Outdoor Theatre and Drama of East Carolina University at Greenville. Performing “The Great Passion Play” about the resurrection of Jesus, this property also has a multitude of other activities, sites, and museums for guests to enjoy. Tickets can be purchased here.
Rise Outdoor Easter Celebration
- When: April 4, 10:15 am
- Where: Mosaic Church, Little Rock, AR
- What: An outdoor bilingual Easter service for the whole community! Either socially distance outside or stay in your car and listen through the radio.
Image courtesy of the Great Passion Play