Arkansas PBS is bringing Family Day back to Conway on Saturday, Nov. 5.
This free public event encourages community spirit through family-friendly fun, entertainment and educational activities. It will be held at 350 South Donaghey Ave. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Families are encouraged to RSVP at myarpbs.org/familyday.
This year’s theme is “‘C’ is for Community,” allowing families to enjoy all that public media and its partners offer Arkansas, from A to Z. Special guests for the day include Alma from “Alma’s Way,” Buddy from “Dinosaur Train,” Clifford the Big Red Dog, Curious George and Daniel Tiger. Families are welcome to meet and take photos with the characters.
During the event, Arkansas PBS will kick off the 2022 Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood Sweater Drive, so everyone is encouraged to bring their new and gently used sweaters to donate and help keep their neighbors warm this winter.
Additionally, Arkansas PBS has planned free activities and entertainment for the entire family:
- Children are encouraged to dress as their favorite PBS KIDS characters.
- Inflatable bounce houses.
- An opportunity to meet animals from the Little Rock Zoo.
- Live scientific demonstrations with the Museum of Discovery in two 20-minute shows.
- Fun new ways to grow veggies at home with St. Joseph Center of Arkansas.
- Interactive fitness activities with the Little Rock Lightning professional basketball team and the Little Rock Marathon.
- Fun activities and giveaways with the Arkansas Travelers Minor League Baseball team and their mascots.
- Live music performances by mömandpöp and Papa Rap.
- Arts and crafts activities with Conway Alliance for the Arts and the Creative Institute of Central Arkansas.
- Story time with Arkansas PBS Education Department staff.
- Tours of Arkansas PBS’s studios.
- Face painting.
- Exploring a firetruck with the Conway Fire Department.
- Outdoor activities with the Arkansas Department of Agriculture.
- Sidewalk chalk art time.
- Hot dogs, popcorn, cookies and drinks.
Local food trucks, including Ol’ Bart Southern Eats, Grilled Sandwich Company, Chicken Salad Chick and Fry Fry Crazy will be on hand for additional food and snacks.
Community service groups or corporate volunteer groups interested in volunteering for Arkansas PBS Family Day are welcome to sign up. Additional information and the most current schedule of activities are available at myarpbs.org/familyday.