Happy birthday to you, Arkansas!
Pull out your Natural State pride, put on your party hat and help yourself to a slice of cake because it’s Arkansas’ 184 birthday today!
To celebrate, AY About You compiled a list of Arkansas fun facts and tidbits to pay homage to the 25th state and all its glory.
- Arkansas is the nation’s largest rice producer.
- The state’s motto is regnat populous, which means “The People Rule.”
No other state employs this Latin motto but Arkansas.
- Milk is Arkansas’ state beverage.
In 1985, milk became tThe Natural State’s official state beverage. Met with zero opposition when presented by Representative Bobby Glover, Act 998 established milk as the state’s official drink of choice due to its healthfulness and importance in Arkansas’ dairy production.
- Arkansas is the only state in America that actively produces and mines diamonds.
Not only does Arkansas house the only producing diamond mine in the United States, but also the only diamond mine in the world where anyone can be the diamond miner.
- Bauxite is the official state mineral.
Bauxite was named the official Arkansas rock in 1967. During the majority of the 20th century, Arkansas was the leading bauxite producer in the United States.