By Caleb Talley | Photography by Jamison Mosley, David Yerby and Meredith Mashburn
Our banks play a critical role in so many facets of life. These institutions grease the wheels of a changing economy, cultivating stability in the present and strengthening investments for the future. More than just a countinghouse, we turn to community banks for the loan needed to buy our first home or start our own business, invest for retirement or save for college.
In the first-ever “Bankers Behind the Bank,” we’ll meet the brains behind some of our state’s most influential banks. These men, from all walks of life, have weathered the ever-changing financial landscape, and they’re in the driver’s seat of Arkansas’ most successful banking institutions.
- Phillip Jett, President of IberiaBank
- Dale Cole, Chairman & CEO of First Community Bank
- Darrin Williams, CEO Of Southern Bancorp
- Jim Cargill, President/CEO of Arvest in Central Arkansas
- Stephen Davis, CEO of Riverside Bank
- Mark Wilson Chief Operating Officer (COO), & Larry Wilson, Chairman, President, & CEO of FAB&T
- George Harris, President of Commercial Bank
- Barry Ledbetter, Executive Vice President & Chief Banking Officer of Simmons Bank
- Patrick Swope, President & CEO of Legacy National Bank
- Johnny Allison, Chairman of Home BancShares
- Gary Head, President/CEO Of Signature Bank
- Mark Roberts, President of MNB