Looking for weekend plans on Independence Day? With only two weeks until the holiday, it’s time to start considering what you and the family are going to do, and Missouri’s Big Cedar Lodge has a few Fourth of July ideas for you.
Conservationist and Founder/CEO of Bass Pro Shop, Johnny Morris, has a weekend chock full of events and activities lined up at his 4,600-acre wilderness resort for the entire family to enjoy.
For children all the way up to great-great grandmas, Big Cedar Lodge has everything under the July Fourth sun for their “Best Summer Ever” season:
- Patriotic Picnic – Starting out sunny-side up, Big Cedar Lodge is setting up the Swimming Hole Lawn for games, attractions, contests, crafts, entertainment, a flyover show and, of course, food.
- Ultimate Archery Tag Scavenger Hunt – A holiday weekend would be incomplete without some healthy competition, right? Big Cedar Lodge has a new game for the family called Archery Tag Scavenger Hunt. Guests will use foam-tipped arrows to “tag” opponents with a scavenger hunt mixed in for some double-competition.
- Couples Top Shot Shooting Challenge – Instead of shooting the bird with no plans, why not shoot skeet? The Big Cedar Lodge Shooting Academy is announcing their first “Top Shot Shooting Couple” on the Fourth of July. Grab your partner and compete with 50 shots to outscore and win the title.
- Let Freedom Run 5K – Pack your running shoes for the annual 5K on Saturday morning. The fastest runners will receive medals, and all participants will receive a water bottle, patriotic headband and run medal.
- Paddleboat Family Fishing Tournament – The fish was how big? Spend an hour trying to catch the heaviest fish on Table Rock Lake and there could be a Bass Pro Prize and a Grand Prize in store.
Fireworks are always a must for the Fourth, but sometimes making memories with the family is just as beautiful a memory. Happy Fourth of July!
Photo courtesy of Big Cedar Lodge.
READ MORE: Pitbull Coming to Walmart AMP in September