I like the creamy goodness of cheese with seafood. It’s the perfect food for anytime of the year. This one would be great tonight over angel hair pasta and sliced tomatoes baked with pesto.
● 1 pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
● 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided
● 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
● 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
● Ground black pepper
● 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
● 1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained
● 1⁄4 cup butter
● 11⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
● 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
● 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
● 1⁄2 bunch green onions, finely chopped
● 11⁄2 cups half-and-half
● 1⁄4 cup fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350o. Smear softened butter or pour a little olive oil
in a pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1
tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. In a separate
bowl, combine crabmeat, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest,
remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, 1⁄2
teaspoon salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add breadcrumbs, cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 3
to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley, chives, lemon
thyme, and lemon basil.
4. In prepared baking dish, layer half of shrimp, half of crabmeat, half
of green onion, half of artichokes, and half of bread crumb mixture;
repeat layers. Pour half-and-half evenly over bread crumbs, and
sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake until lightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes.