Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang will be showing up on Arkansas PBS for the holidays.
Apple and PBS have partnered for special, ad-free broadcasts of both “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” this holiday season. The Thanksgiving special will be shown on Arkansas PBS on Sunday, Nov. 22 at 6:30 p.m., while the Christmas special will be broadcast on Arkansas PBS on Sunday, Dec. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
The specials will also be available ad-free on Apple TV+ in November and December. “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” will be available for free Nov. 25-27, and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” will be available for free from Dec. 11-13.
“A Charlie Brown Christmas” was the first Peanuts TV special, airing for the first time in 1965. “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” was the third Peanuts holiday special, originally airing in 1973.
There will be a range of other holiday specials screening on Arkansas PBS this year. These specials include:
- “An Arthur Thanksgiving,” Sunday, Nov. 22, at 5:30 p.m.
- A full day of PBS KIDS specials Wednesday, Nov. 25, beginning at 6 a.m.
- “A Garden Home Christmas,” Saturday, Nov. 28, at 10:30 a.m.
- “Urban Forge: Ozark Artistry” Monday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m.
- “Christmas With Daniel O’Donnell” Saturday, Dec. 12, at 5:30 p.m.
- “Lucy Worsley’s 12 Days of Tudor Christmas” Sunday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m.
- “Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas, with Vanessa Williams” Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 7 p.m.
- “Christmas With the Tabernacle Choir Featuring Kelli O’Hara and Richard Thomas” Friday, Dec. 18, at 9 p.m.
- “All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914” Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 8:30 p.m.
- Two days of PBS KIDS specials Thursday, Dec. 24, and Friday, Dec. 25, beginning at 6 a.m. each day.
- Christmas Eve programming beginning Thursday, Dec. 24, at 7 p.m. with “The St. Olaf Christmas Festival: A New Song of Joy and Hope.”
- Christmas evening programming beginning Friday, Dec. 25, at 8 p.m. with “Call the Midwife Holiday Special.”