This is honestly the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. Ev. Er. My friend sent me home some the other day. They are perfectly salty followed by the perfectly sweet. I believe the key is using the salted butter and sea salt. Try this and let me know what you think. And if you happen to be the editor of AY About You (I’m looking at you, Dustin Jayroe) and your wife had a baby, these might be in your meal I deliver on Saturday.
Adapted from www.joyfoodsunshine.com
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever
- 1 cup salted butter* softened
- 1 cup white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt***
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add 12 oz package of chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (alternately, use a small cookie scoop to make your cookies).
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven they will still look doughy. THIS is the secret that makes these cookies so absolutely amazing! Please, I beg you, do NOT overbake!
- All-purpose flour: Many people have used gluten-free all-purpose flour with excellent results.