In a new series, bartender Loic Lautredou of One Eleven at the Capital Hotel will share recipes for some of his favorite cocktails. Join us for “Cocktails at the Capital.” These articles are presented in partnership with the Capital Hotel.
Cinnamon & Rosemary Old Fashioned: A One Eleven at the Capital recipe
Cinnamon & Rosemary Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 3 bar spoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz Cinnamon & Rosemary Syrup (directions below)
- 3 dashes Fee Brothers Black Walnut Bitters
- 2 dashes of Regan’s Orange Bitters No. 6
For the syrup:
Simmer until it becomes thick like syrup. Cool and strain before using. Keep the syrup refrigerated.
For the cocktail:
In a rocks glass, place a large ice cube and pour the bourbon over the top. Then the syrup and, finally, the bitters. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and orange peel.