It is National Men Make Dinner Day. You game? Can you handle this assignment, guys?
We are posting some easy recipes for the man who doesn’t typically cook. I mean, it’s reading a recipe. Who can’t do that?
Beef and Noodle Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat; set aside. Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, layer the macaroni, ground beef, tomato sauce and cheese, repeating two times.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top layer of cheese is bubbly.
Cheesy Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package scalloped potato mix
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and sauté until tender. Meanwhile, prepare potatoes according to package directions, adding 1 cup (instead of 2/3 cup) of milk and sliced potatoes. When chicken is tender, remove from heat, let cool and shred. Add shredded chicken to potato mixture.
- Fold chicken/potato mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Add cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 13×9 inch pan.
- Beat cake mix, mashed bananas, oil and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 33 to 36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cake cool then frost with your choice of frosting, if desired.