Dentistry runs in the Cooper family. Dr. Cooper got an early start in his line of work while spending time with his parents at their office — his mother was a dental hygienist. Cooper says his business is unique because it has always been a family business. He says it’s important that it remain a family-owned business because he likes to stay involved in clinical protocol and decisions, maintaining control over the care his patients receive.
“In any health care business, it is nice to control the care that your patients receive while maintaining relationships with them over the years. Relationships with our patients are our number one priority. Dad and I have many families that have been patients for three and four generations,” Cooper says.
Their success is due to their belief that no two patients are alike. Each person has different needs and Dr. Cooper treats each with dignity and respect. Their state-of-the art clinic offers modern techniques and approach to dental care in a number of specialties — whether it is orthodontics, veneers, or general oral healthcare. Dr. Cooper is also experienced and highly qualified in the placement and restoration of dental implants.
Dr. Cooper says his industry has changed. “The industry is vastly going corporate,” he says. “We want to remain a family business. It allows us to focus on our values, mission, and vision to be the ideal dental office to serve our patients. I enjoy striving to make our family business in Jacksonville the best it can be for our patients.”
Dr. Cooper’s credentials and accomplishments include:
- Author of the international best-selling motivational book, Chasing the Blue Marlin.
- New Dentist of the Year, Arkansas State Dental Association 2011
- Publishing several magazine articles for Progressive Dentist magazine
- Leading two medical and dental teams to Honduras
- Appointment as State Lead for the Dental Home Initiative in 2010 and 2011 for DHS
- Adjunct faculty member at UAMS Center for Dental Education
- Continuing Education Chairman for the Arkansas State
- Dental Association 2013-2017
Dr. Cooper enjoys spending time with his kids, traveling, and anything related to water, including fishing, boating and spending time at the lake.