- Carrots, sliced or shredded, enough to fill jar
- ½ tablespoon dill (optional)
- Garlic or ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt dissolved in 2 cups filtered water
- Arrange carrot sticks tightly in a glass jar.
- Add the dill, ginger and/or garlic.
- Pour salt water over carrots.
- Tighten lid and leave at room temperature for two to three days. They are finished when the water is cloudy and you see some bubbling action. The jar lid may also be firm from the gases that are building up.
- Transfer to refrigerator. They will keep for about one month.