Are you having folks –masked of course – over for Labor Day?
It’s this weekend, and if we are fortunate, the weather will be mild. Any gathering of humans in Arkansas means potato salad, watermelon, beer and the lucky ones get to eat the good turkey salad. Burge’s in the Heights, Bray Gourmet (available at select grocery stores) and Corky’s Rib & BBQ all have a delicious turkey salad. But it’s hard sometimes to have access to the good stuff.
Well, I did some internet hunting and found a reasonable facsimile of one. I have read where people have made this, and it’s very close to the highly praised ones mentioned above.
- 1 lb smoked turkey in 1-inch thick slices
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
- 1/2 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons sweet-hot relish
All you need is a food processor.
- Process turkey into a fine spread. Add the other ingredients with the mayonnaise last.
- If your mouth didn’t just water, you have never had this before. Then stop what you’re doing and put these ingredients on your next shopping trip.