Have you ever wanted to wake up and not have to worry about what situation your eyebrows will be in for the day? If you’re like me, it can get frustrating having to spend time on perfecting the color and getting the shape right. One wrong move and the entire look is a goner.
Microblading fixes all of these problems. This procedure is basically like a semi-permanent tattoo of eyebrows that lasts. I see Myra Weaver at English Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center in Little Rock. Myra is truly my hero. I have been going to her for a few years now and I always leave with more confidence.
“Microblading is a form of cosmetic semi-permanent makeup performed using a disposable handheld tool that is composed of very fine needles to hand draw each individual hair and simultaneously implant the pigment into the skin,” explains the microblading expert, Myra. She is an artist and master at drawing on eyebrows using the microblade.
I have naturally fair hair, so I spent years agonizing over perfecting the shade of my brows and making them defined. Myra knows how to construct brows that fit individual face shapes for the ultimate definition and symmetry. After my consultation with Myra, I went in a couple of weeks later for some touch-ups (this is standard as color can change) and then I didn’t need to go back for two years. Two years! That’s 24 months of not having to do my eyebrows.
“Microblading particularly suits people who want to correct asymmetrical eyebrows, have thin or faded eyebrows, or who have lost the “tail” end of the brow. This is an easy 24-hour a day source of beauty and confidence,” says Myra.
I take photos and appear in videos constantly, so my appearance is important. Brows can make or break your look, but with my microblade eyebrows, I have one less thing to worry about when I’m preparing to be on camera or go out to meet people.
Myra is a licensed cosmetologist and intradermal technician, so she knows what she’s doing. Through the years, she’s seen all the benefits that microblading has to offer:
- Reduces the amount of time necessary to get ready in the morning. As every professional woman knows, you have to wake up every morning and “put on your face.” This ritual process of making yourself presentable to the world with makeup takes up a lot of time and can be tiresome. Since microblading is semi-permanent, you won’t need to waste any more time filling in your brows to have them look presentable. All women can benefit from the time saved thanks to microblading.
- Gives those with skin diseases like alopecia or hair loss secondary to chemo a natural-looking brow. Microblading will benefit anyone who is experiencing hair loss or a lack of hair growth in the brows thanks to any disease that may be causing it. The crisp natural-looking characteristics of microblading make it very difficult to tell that you’ve even had a procedure done.
- Does not smudge or smear off, even with exercise or those with an active lifestyle. Without having to add any makeup, clients can enjoy any physical activity without the worry of losing the look of their brows. Regular brow makeup wouldn’t make it through a hot yoga session.
- Sessions are not time-consuming. Sessions only take 1 ½ hours. Imagine, 1 ½ hours of your life in exchange for one to two years of worry-free brows! You’d spend at least five minutes every day on your brows alone. 5 x 365 = 1,825 minutes a year!
- Virtually painless. When you comr in for your session, the first thing I will do is use a strong numbing cream. This cream makes the process virtually pain-free. The only thing clients feel is a pressure sensation as the pigment is implemented into the skin.
- Lasts 1-2 years. Microblading lasts one to two years based on environmental factors like sun exposure. It’s not permanent, but semi-permanent. It allows you to change the shape of the brow with new trends since it only lasts a couple of years.
- Microblading is simple to maintain with proper information. Pigment may fade and lose saturation with sun exposure, tanning beds and certain skin care routines cueing you to come in for a touch-up session. Aftercare is thoroughly reviewed during your session!
- It’s very safe. Microblading is very safe in the hands of a professional microblading artist. It is minimally invasive and has very little downtime!
My experience with Myra has been phenomenal. She is sweet and considerate when it comes to understanding what you’re looking for in appearance and how comfortable you are throughout the session. I felt very mild pain during our session, nothing to squirm about at all. She is calming and most importantly highly skilled in what she does.
“I would recommend microblading for any person that simply wants added definition. If you have an active lifestyle, lost brow hair, or just want to wake up and go without looking washed out, microblading is a wonderful option,” says Myra.
With summer and pool season on the horizon, I’m excited to get out of bed, throw on some lip gloss and be ready to swim without my eyebrows sliding off! This procedure is so convenient and a must for the woman on the go!