Hoorah! Tomorrow is the day – Turkey Day 2019! What food are you looking forward to the most?
I have shared two of my favorite recipes, but this one is in my top three. It’s Lisa’s Corn Casserole. Run by the grocery store and get these ingredients. It’s super easy. And bacon is involved.
Lisa’s Corn Casserole
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 TB. butter
- 2 TB. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (12 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 TB. minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, fry bacon; drain, crumble and set aside.
- Pour off bacon grease; melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add onion and green bell pepper; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually add the sour cream. Heat until it just begins to bubble; stir constantly; add corn and heat through.
- Stir in half the crumbled bacon.
- Transfer corn and sour cream mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top corn with remaining crumbled bacon and chopped parsley.
- Keep it warm in the oven at 190-200 degrees until your other dishes are ready.