By Nic Williams
Ingredients for cake:
Nonstick baking spray (optional)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon allspice or cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 eggs, whisked
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, plus extra for garnish
2 bananas, chopped (about the same size as pecans)
8 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
Ingredients for frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 ounces powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-15-cup capacity bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. (If you don’t have baking spray, put a teaspoon of vegetable oil on the corner of a paper towel and wipe the pan thoroughly to prevent cake from sticking to pan.)
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with beater attachment, mix flour, sugar, allspice or cinnamon, baking soda and salt until combined.
3. Add eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix on slow just until all ingredients are wet. Do not beat it.
4. Add pecans, banana and pineapple. Mix on slow until just combined.
5. Using a rubber spatula, scrape bowl to ensure all ingredients are mixed together. Very carefully, pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
6. Place pan on a sheet tray and bake for maybe 75-85 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool 1 hour. Carefully flip cake out of pan and onto a cake stand.
1. Cream butter and cream cheese in in the bowl of a stand mixer on high until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. Add powdered sugar slowly with mixer on low. Add vanilla and milk, and beat until smooth.
3. Pipe frosting down the sides of cake and spread additional frosting on top. Garnish with pecans.