This Saturday, boaters and fisher from across the South competed in the T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing Arkie Division event on Lake Hamilton.
But it was an Arkansas resident who took home the top prize for the tournament. Randall Clark of Little Rock won the tournament by catching his five-bass limit, which weighed 15 pounds, 11 ounces. Clark’s catch weighed over a pound more than the second-place finisher.
His big catch – the biggest in the tournament – weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces. “Really, the key for me winning was catching the big fish,” Clark says. “You couldn’t see them, but I was blind casting to the areas that I knew that they were in. During my practice on Friday I had shook that fish off, and I knew right where it was. It was my second stop during the tournament and I put her in the boat within five minutes of getting there.”
The top 10 tournament finishers are:
- Randall Clark, Little Rock, Ark., five bass, 15-11, $3,901
- Lance Pyle, Sherwood, Ark., five bass, 14-3, $1,733
- Garry Sutton, Hot Springs, Ark., five bass, 13-11, $1,155
- Chase Mitchell, Umpire, Ark., five bass, 13-8, $809
- Spencer Shuffield, Hot Springs, Ark., five bass, 13-2, $835
- Shannon Pierce, Rison, Ark., five bass, 13-2, $1,135
- Josh Ray, Alexander, Ark., five bass, 13-2, $835
- Ben Blaschke, Roland, Okla., five bass, 12-10, $620
- Cody Kemp, Donaldson, Ark., five bass, 12-9, $462
- Chris Darby, Hot Springs, Ark., five bass, 12-8, $404
Meanwhile, Ethan Sutton of Hot Springs won the tournament co-angler division. Sutton reeled in five bass weighing 13 pounds, 8 ounces.
The top 10 co-anglers are:
- Ethan Sutton, Hot Springs, Ark., five bass, 13-8, $1,950
- Robert Bogard Jr., Conway, Ark., five bass, 11-8, $866
- Andrew Wooley, Little Rock, Ark., five bass, 11-2, $577
- Cody McEntire, Walnut Ridge, Ark., five bass, 9-12, $504
- Randy Bridges, Quitman, Ark., five bass, 9-8, $347
- Jody Jones, Harvey, Ark., five bass, 9-4, $353
- John McCullar, Benton, Ark., five bass, 9-4, $303
- Matt Russell, Prairie Grove, Ark., four bass, 9-3, $260
- Tony Reynolds, Austin, Ark., five bass, 9-1, $231
- Stan Cullipher, Malvern, Ark., five bass, 8-12, $202
The top 45 boaters and co-anglers, along with the five winners at each BFL event, will be entered into the BFL Regional Championship on Grand Lake in Grove Oklahoma on Oct. 24-26.