Downtown Little Rock Partnership (DLRP) will hold the Eighth Annual Main Street Food Truck Festival on Saturday, September 8.
From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Main Street and Capitol Avenue in the heart of downtown Little Rock will play host to one of Central Arkansas’s favorite food events. Over sixty food trucks will be parked along six blocks on Main Street and three blocks on Capitol Avenue. The Festival will also include several beer gardens throughout the area, juried artists and craft-makers, a new vendor Marketplace, over forty hours of busker entertainment, and the Heifer Village and Urban Farm, complete with animal appearances and games for the young and young-at-heart. To add even more excitement, the 2018 Arkansas State Criterium Championships – a premier cycling event known for its speed – will be occurring at the southern end of the Festival perimeter. Entrance to the festival is completely free.
“The biggest festival downtown is coming back with more family-friendly fun than ever before,” said Gabe Holmstrom, DLRP Executive Director. “We are excited to bring over 60 of the state’s favorite food trucks, with artists, live entertainment and even a thrilling cycling race to this year’s festival!”
The 2018 Main Street Food Truck Festival is presented by Centennial Bank, and its planning committee is chaired by Holly Herlocker of Herlocker Branding + Design. Main Street will be blocked off from 3rd to 9th Streets. Capitol Avenue will be blocked from Spring to Main Streets. Updates can be found at mainstreetfoodtrucks.com or by calling 501-375-0121.
- The Eighth Annual Main Street Food Truck Festival will be held on Saturday, September 8, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Over 60 Food Trucks are currently registered to participate this year.
- The Festival will take place over 9 city blocks: on Main Street from 3rd to 9th Streets and on Capitol
Avenue from Main to Spring Streets.
- Heifer Village and Urban Farm will be present, complete with animal appearances and games for the
young and young-at-heart.
- Several beer gardens will be featured throughout the Festival.
- In addition to welcoming artists and craft-makers, new to the Festival will be the Marketplace, an
expanded opportunity for unique vendors to display and sell their goods.
- The Festival will feature over 40 hours of scheduled busker entertainment.
- At the southern end of the Festival, downtown Little Rock will also host the 2018 Arkansas State
Criterium Championships, a premier cycling event known for speed.
- This is the eighth Main Street Food Truck Festival. The first Main Street Food Truck Festival was held in
- The event was started through Downtown Little Rock Partnership’s Main Street Revitalization
Committee as an effort to bring people to Main Street and show the possibilities of the area.
- In the years since the first Festival, six restaurants have opened their doors within the Festival’s footprint on Main Street: Samantha’s Tap Room and Wood Grill, Bruno’s Italian Restaurant, Soul Fish Café, ThreeFold Noodle and Dumpling Co., Brewski’s Pub and Grub, and Ira’s. One more restaurant is scheduled toopen on Main Street by the end of the year: A.W. Lin’s. SoMa, or South Main, is also host to a thriving
restaurant scene including The Root, Raduno, South on Main, Community Bakery, and others.
- In 2017, over 40,000 people attended the Main Street Food Truck Festival.
- The Festival was awarded 2nd Place in the category of Festival of the Year at the Arkansas Festival &
Events Association’s 2018 ALFIE Awards.
- The Festival was named an official “Southern Travel Treasure” by AAA Southern Traveler.
- Downtown Little Rock Partnership is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works on behalf of members,
residents, and visitors to grow and advance downtown Little Rock.