In a nostalgic celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Happy Meal, McDonald’s is introducing limited-edition Surprise Happy Meals which will feature replica toys from the past four decades.
“Parents tell us how fondly they recall their favorite toys,” says Colin Mitchell, McDonald’s Senior Vice President, Global Marketing in a press release. “So, unboxing the Surprise Happy Meal together creates a real moment of bonding with their children. We hope these toys are something that they will treasure and remember.”
These special edition Happy Meals will go live in Arkansas and worldwide in more than 90 countries on Nov. 7. But act quickly, because the retro-toy-filled meals will only be available until Nov. 11, or until supplies last.
“Since the Happy Meal was introduced on the menu, it quickly became synonymous with our brand,” McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook says. “Today, this iconic red box creates lasting memories for billions of families annually across the world.”
The following toys may be found in participating McDonald’s stores around the state of Arkansas:
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald’s): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald’s): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald’s): 1991
- McDonald’s Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald’s): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians (Disney): 1997 – only available in the U.S.
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Mickey’s Sorcerer Apprentice (Disney): 2002 – only available in the U.S.
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013