- Several raccoons have been spotted wandering around Arkansas State University’s campus library, mostly in the third floor reference section.
- 3,414 Little Rock School District students were absent Wednesday, many participating in a sick-out and demonstrating outside the Capitol in support of their teachers’ ability to unionize.
- The US House of Representatives votes 232-196 to approve formalizing the rules and process of the ongoing impeachment inquiry, the vote falling mostly along party lines.
- 20 wildfires in Southern California continue to blaze, being stoked by hurricane-force winds.
Arts, Culture & Sports
- Journey announces it will be in Arkansas on June 22, 2020. Tickets go on sale November 8.
- Washington Nationals beat the Houston Astros 6-2, winning the 2019 MLB World Series.
Today in History
- 10/31/1864: Nevada is admitted into the Union, making it the 36th state.
- 10/31/1952: The United States detonates the first hydrogen bomb in the Marshall Islands