Girlie squeal! The holidays have begun. Yes, in September. It’s National Guacamole Day. A day that only by adding margaritas and al fresco dining will make it the perfect day.
I’ve got the perfect recipe where you can make guacamole at home. It’s something I’ll make when I see that lonely avocado or two in my produce bin because it just takes some ingredients you likely have on hand along with fresh lime. (Editor’s note: always keep limes and garlic around.)
(Margaritas served separately)
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 bunch, chopped fresh cilantro (chop and use those stems, people!)
- 2 plum tomato Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.