1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-4 tablespoons water, as needed
Butter or cooking spray
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk together.
2. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla to dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Stir in water by the tablespoon until batter is thin enough to pour.
3. Let batter sit for about five minutes. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat, and grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
4. Pour batter onto skillet. Once you see bubbles on your pancakes and the edges look a little dry, it’s time to flip. Depending on your heat level, this should take two to three minutes.
5. Cook second side until lightly browned. Repeat with remainder of batter.