I warned you people. If the temperatures drop even a tiny bit, I have to make soup.
My friend and recent AY About You Intriguing Women recipient Ashley Mosley posted the best recipe over the weekend. You can bet I’m whipping this one up soon.
It’s easy with store-bought ingredients. All you need is a soup pot.
Ashley Mosley’s Tortellini Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9 oz.) package cheese tortellini
- Dried basil
- 1 package of spinach
- 1 (15 oz.) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Sauté the garlic in some olive oil. Then add the chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package. Add salt, pepper and basil and then add then add the spinach. It will cook down fairly quickly.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Image courtesy of Ashley Mosely