Adapted from www.pinchofyum.com
8 pieces thinly sliced bacon
4 ounces goat cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Remove pit.
3. Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into cavity of each date, and press sides together to close.
4. Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
5. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet with raised edges (to prevent grease from making a mess) and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Flip dates over, and bake another 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven, place on a paper towel-lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.