1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons dried thyme
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Fresh thyme or parsley (for garnish)
1. Combine flour, pecans, herbs, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
2. Melt butter in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Pour ¼ inch of vegetable oil into a large skillet.
4. Dredge chicken in butter and then flour mixture.
5. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden, making sure to not crowd the pan.
6. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley, and serve with your favorite dip.