1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter, melted (plus 2 tablespoons for griddle or skillet)
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
12 ounces of good caramel sauce, such as Torani brand
1 cup shortbread cookies, crushed
8 ounces of good chocolate sauce
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until incorporated and no traces of egg whites remain. Add cream, and stir until combined.
3. Fold egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined, making sure to not overmix or pancakes will be tough. Fold in 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
4. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to a griddle or skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to bubble, pour on pancake batter to form 4- to 6-inch circles. When the edges are a light, golden brown, flip pancakes, and finish until cooked through. Transfer pancakes to plates, and add topping.
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stir coconut flakes continuously until they reach a light brown. Transfer coconut to a bowl immediately to prevent over-browning.
2. For each pancake, add the toppings in the following order: spread 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, coating the pancake from edge to edge; sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cookies, evenly; sprinkle 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes, evenly; using 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce in a large spoon, drizzle the chocolate across the pancake, making four to six parallel lines.