It’s National Chocolate Day, e’rybody! And I’m making this a quick one. Why? You need this recipe. Celebrate the day with a recipe for lasagna. Chocolate lasagna. Mic. Drop.
- 36 Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, cold
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (4 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups milk, cold
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.