Sometimes the day or two before Christmas, there is a tendency for a minor meltdown. Do I have enough food for my family? I mean, it’s Christmas. Go big or go home, right?
Here’s an easy recipe in the event you needed one more sweet thing for your table.
Cranberry Pound Cake
Adapted from www.kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com
Photo from www.kitchenfunywithmy3sons.com
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries
- Reserved cranberries for garnishments
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Pound Cake Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla, for about three minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add in flour and baking powder, until well mixed into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries until they are well mixed into the batter.
- Pour batter into a lightly sprayed bread loaf pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cake will be done when it springs to the touch or insert a toothpick into the center and it will come out clean.
- Let cool and frost if desired.
- Combine ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Optional: Top with ¼ cup dried cranberries and drizzle with ¼ cup melt white chocolate