Ya know what this stay-at-home/#socialdistancing mess has done with most of us? Increased our desires for carbs (and trashy Netflix shows about extreme animal owners).
I am here to help with the first part; the second part you’ve already watched all seven episodes of Tiger King and yes, I think Carole Baskin killed her second husband. Back to the subject at hand: carbs. I got ‘em. And I want you to have them, too. Here’s your carby recipe for today. I’m sure I’ll have another one Monday.
Stay well, friends.
Crispy Skillet Potatoes with Bacon
Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Optional topping: sour cream
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, simmer for 1 minute and then drain well and set aside. The potatoes will be cooked about halfway through.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Add the olive oil to the skillet with the bacon drippings and increase the heat to medium. Add the potatoes cut-side down. Cook, turning occasionally until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the crispy bacon. Season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the chives. And a little sour cream never hurt anyone, so I say put a dollop of Daisy right on top.