Like you, I am trying to think of delicious things to whip up to keep our appetites satisfied. I really did whip these tortillas up on Sunday, did more yesterday and might cook more today. They are that easy and oh-so-delicious. So I present to you, homemade tortillas and street tacos.
Adapted from www.tasteofhome.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough into 8 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-in. circle.
- 3. In a greased cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat until lightly browned, 1 minute on each side. Keep warm.
Adapted from www.damndelicious.net
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (don’t let it get too hot; it goes rancid when it does)
- Onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and onions and cook, stirring often, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness. Then add the spices.
- Serve in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.