Wasn’t the weekend glorious with a respite from the heat? But you know what? It’s still August in Arkansas, and that means cool salads should never be neglected…
I have a beautiful and delicious chicken salad that my friend Rebekah made for a crew. And as you see in the photo, pimento cheese was involved which gives me culinary envy.
Bridesmaid’s Chicken Salad
Photo courtesy of Rebekah Fowlkes
Adapted from www.food.com
- 1 ½ cups Duke’s mayonnaise (trust me on this)
- ¾ cup of Major Grey’s chutney (or any chutney you can find)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, small chunked (I get the cooked chicken from Kroger)
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion (tops and bottoms)
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
In a really large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry, lime peel, juice, and salt (if there are fruit chunks in the chutney slice them thin as possible).
Blend well then gently fold in remaining ingredients; chill 4 to 6 hours.
This can be prepared the night before – just be sure to toss again before serving.