So the election is behind us (sort of), you’re back at work (well, maybe), but this we know is fact: Thanksgiving is in 2 ½ weeks, and you have cooking to do.
The problem is that the humans in your house need to be fed between now and then. What’s a person to do? I’ve got it. Whip this up tonight, and you’ll at least get a meal or two out of it (hello, leftovers!) And it’s got the holy trinity of food: Ranch seasoning, bacon and cheese. Well, that’s my holy trinity of food. Emeril has his own. Whatever.
Props to my new favorite recipe database, www.cookingprofessionally.com for the recipe and the photo.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded c heddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley or a few sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Into a 9” by 13” baking dish, combine rice, bacon and onions.
- Drizzle chicken breasts with oil and season all over with ranch seasoning. Place in baking dish with rice and stir until all ingredients are distributed evenly. Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream and stir again to combine. Top with cheddar and mozzarella.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake 15-20 minutes more, until chicken is done and rice is fully cooked.