It’s time. It’s time to start thinking about lighter foods to endure a hot Arkansas summer. (Rumor has it that Arkansas will have a heat index over 94 today. We are sorry to tell you this.)
This recipe is for Chicken Noodle Cashew salad that most every human would enjoy.
Chicken Noodle Cashew Salad
Adapted from taste.com.au
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 (500g) chicken schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 125g vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted cashew nuts
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
Finely grate rind of 1 lime. Juice limes. Combine lime rind, oil, lemongrass, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a glass bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Roughly chop.
Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a board. Cut chicken into 1cm thick slices.
Add chicken, cashews, capsicum, cucumber, mint, coriander, lime juice and remaining soy sauce to noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.