It’s not only soup weather, but it’s comfort-food weather!
I found this recipe online this weekend. I’m going to prepare it when I have a house full of people in a couple of weeks. I’ll do a good salad with my homemade Ranch dressing to go along with it. (Pioneer Woman has the best Ranch dressing. Don’t buy the packets anymore or the stuff in the bottle.)
This has kind of a chicken-and-biscuit taste, which is the best taste that exists. I’m all things carbs, especially in cooler weather.
Chicken Roll Ups
- 2 large chicken breasts bone in; shred
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can of broth
- 1/2 can milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 6 oz shredded cheese
- Place chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken (save broth). When cooled enough to handle, remove the chicken from the bone and shred, set aside.
- Whisk together the soup, broth, milk, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Place a little cheese over the dough and at the larger end place a good heaping of the chicken. Roll up and place in a 9X13 casserole dish. Repeat with remaining.
- Once all are in the dish, pour the soup mix around each one and then drizzle a little over the tops (not too much).
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 25 minutes, remove and top with a little more cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving. The soup mixture will thicken up like a gravy.
Makes 8 servings