This is what happens this time of year: You will go to the grocery store 92 times. You’ll have everything. Then you’ll get home and you’ll need an easy dessert to whip up. This one is so easy that you can get in the “4 Items or Less” line (if there was one). It’s three ingredients, and you likely have at least one or all three in your pantry.
Three Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Adapted from www.goodhousekeeping.com
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao or higher) chopped, plus chocolate shavings
- 30 regular-size marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In large bowl, combine chocolate, marshmallows and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth (if not melted after 2 minutes, microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between). Let cool to room temp, about 45 minutes.
- Once mixture is cool, whip remaining cream in bowl until soft peaks form; transfer 1/2 cup to small bowl for topping. Refrigerate.
- Stir half of remaining whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture until fully incorporated, then gently fold in the rest. Spoon into eight 4-ounce ramekins. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- To serve, top with reserved whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved chocolate, if desired.