You’ll never eat canned cranberry sauce again. And you’ll have your ole’ friend Lisa Fischer to thank. I found this recipe in 2003 when I was a subscriber to Bon Apetit magazine.
For 15 years, I have prepared this or had the recipe tucked away to give to friends, as it is an often-requested recipe. You still have time to run to the grocery store to procure the almighty cranberries. As the magazine says, bon apetit!
Cranberry Sauce with Marmalade and Cinnamon
Makes 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in medium saucepan. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil. Mix in cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until berries burst and sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer sauce to medium bowl; cool completely. Mix in parsley and season with pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.)