Here is Lisa’s Recipe Procurement Tip of the Week: You will never go wrong with a Pioneer Woman recipe. With that said, I pulled up one of my favorite PW recipes, and I’m on my way to the grocery store now to grab a few things to make this. I gotta tell ya. It’s the time of year I don’t want to heat up the kitchen, and I sure don’t want to eat hot foods. Guess what we are having tonight?
Curry Chicken Salad
• 3 pounds chicken, cooked (some stores sell the already cooked, diced and/or shredded chicken in the deli)
• 4 whole ribs of celery, thinly sliced-leaves included
• 3/4 cups golden raisins
• 3/4 cups slivered almonds
• 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise (THE BEST!)
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 3-4 TB. curry powder (I often even use more!)
• 1 TB sugar
• 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
Boil chicken to cook.. Dice/shred chicken. Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk together until well combined. Combine chicken, sliced celery, raisins, and almonds in a large bowl. Pour curry dressing over the top. Fold together with a rubber spatula. Make sure it’s all combined, then add more of whatever it needs. It will be both savory and sweet.
Serve with fresh fruit, poppyseed muffins and a bowl of soup if you prefer.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman