I just tweaked a recipe to make the most delicious and indulgent pan of brownies with zero gluten or sugar. I used –I hope you’re sitting down – black beans and Swerve, which is a healthy sugar substitute.
Most sugar substitutes will kill you or give you dementia. Swerve won’t. If you want the real thing, you can use granulated sugar, same measurement.
These are so good. They aren’t as dense as what you traditionally make, but the chocolate chips make them so chocolatey.
Delicious Gluten-Free Healthy Brownies
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated Swerve (or real sugar if you choose)
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
The trick to cutting perfect brownies is to put them in the freezer for 30 minutes after they have cooled.