It’s Recipe Monday, but tomorrow is National Banana Bread Day. What to do? Start celebrating today!
It’s good to know we can resume normal activities after the snowstorm of a lifetime from last week. Since the stores were empty last week of eggs, buy some today and bake this tomorrow. And the mushy bananas are the best.
Lisa Fischer’s Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3-4 mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add in the eggs and whisk again but don’t over-do it.
- Dump the dry ingredients, bananas and chocolate chips on the wet ingredients, switch to a wooden spoon and gently fold the ingredients together.
- This is where you pour it into the bread pan.
- First, bake the bread for 50 minutes. Set a timer. After it dings, barely open the oven and slide a piece of tinfoil over the bread, close the door and bake for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Second, once the bread is done, open the oven door, turn off the oven and let the banana bread rest for 2-3 minutes. NOT ANY LONGER. Then place the bread on the counter, let it cool for a few minutes and then slide a knife around the inside of the pan and carefully turn the bread out into your other hand and flip it onto a cooling rack or plate.