Lisa’s Five Ingredient Granola Bars
Adapted from www.thebakermama.com
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup locally-sourced honey
- 3 cups store-bought dark chocolate almond granola plus 1 cup of another granola (I chose coconut almond.)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter and honey. If you’re low on mixers at the time, just mix it by hand very well. Stir in the granola and oatmeal until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Use a spatula or your hands with parchment paper under them to press down firmly all over the top of the mixture making sure the top is smooth and the mixture is as compact in the dish as possible. You can bake these if you wish for 13-15 minutes at 350. I actually refrigerated mine in order for them to set up. Cut the bars. Store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.