I have this thing about me. I like food. And I like talking to people on airplanes.
I met the gal who owns this adorable culinary shop in Long Island, outside of Manhattan, a couple of years ago. She became my food bestie and when she posts recipes, you need to take them to the bank. This one is for Mexican Sweet Corn. I swear, it tastes just like the Mexican Corn at Local Lime. They’ll even cut it off the cob for you there.
While we can still get the good corn from the different farmers’ markets, grab some. Freeze it. And when it’s time, make this.
Her name is Sophia Brivio in Garden City, New York, and this is adapted from her recipe. Check it out at hersite: www.thewellseasonedchef.com
Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 8 ears of corn, husked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or unsalted butter
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges.
- Grill fresh corn, brush on mayonnaise then sprinkle cheese, chili powder and paprika.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.