Foods are getting lighter, and the temperatures are about to get warmer.
Welcome to spring! It’s a glorious time of the year for people seeking delicious food options. Of course, summer is when the real bounty is, but it’s also the time we don’t love being in the kitchen because it gets too hot. Our advice: cook all the things now.
This is a quick and delicious recipe that you put on the grill and only do a little in the actual kitchen.
Parmesan Spring Chicken
- 1 egg white
- 5 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. new potatoes , cut into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- good handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil.
- Beat the egg white on a plate with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the parmesan onto another plate. Dip the chicken first in egg white, then in the cheese.
- Grill the coated chicken for 10-12 mins, turning once until browned and crisp.
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes in some butter adding the peas for the final 3 minutes then drain.
- Toss the vegetables with the spinach leaves, vinegar, oil and seasoning to taste.
- Divide among four warm plates, then serve with the chicken.
Recipe adapted from www.bbcgoodfood.com