We aren’t a jealous bunch here at AY About You. We relish your victories, your successes, but we have a tiny bit of jealousy knowing that the downside of adulting especially with no children is that we have no excuse for a spring break.
Until now. We found something you can do at home this week while your peers traumatize you with beach and ski pictures and every place in between on social media while you’re on another Zoom call or picking up dry cleaning.
These are homemade pina colada popsicles and if you have kids, you can make theirs without the hooch. Let us repeat: NO HOOCH FOR KIDS; HOOCH FOR ADULTS. That’s the philosophy we have followed for many years, and we think it’s bode well for us.
Pina Colada Popsicles
Adapted from www.drizzleanddip.com
- 6 oz. freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 14 oz can (1 tin) coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons white rum (for adults only)
- Popsicle sticks and molds
- Heat the pineapple juice and sugar in a small pot until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Finely grate the green part of the lime and squeeze the juice, adding this, along with the coconut milk and rum to the pineapple juice and sugar mix.
- Once cool, pour the mixture into a jug and then pour this into popsicle molds.
- Freeze these for an hour to partially firm up. Insert the sticks into the middle and return to the freezer to fully harden.