So here’s a dilemma. You scored a flat of delicious Arkansas strawberries that you don’t want to go to waste. You looked at the calendar, and you see it’s Cinco de Mayo. What’s a girl (or guy) to do? MAKE STRAWBERRY MARGARITAS, OF COURSE!
Doesn’t that just make your mouth pucker? If not, there is nothing to see here. But for the remainder of the 99.9 percent of ya, then screen shot this recipe and enjoy one of these after work today.
Natural State Strawberry Margaritas
- 1 pound (16 ounces) fresh Arkansas strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 2/3 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/3–1/2 cup honey or agave, more/less to taste
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
- (for serving) ice, salt to rim the glasses, extra fresh strawberries and/or lime slices for garnish
- Add strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey, and orange liqueur to a blender. Pulse until completely smooth. Let the mixture rest for about 3 minutes, then skim off the foam on top. Taste, and add extra tequila or sweetener if desired.
- If you would like to serve these in salt-rimmed glasses, simply run a lime wedge around the top of each glass. Then dip the top of the glass upside-down in a bowl of coarse margarita salt. Garnish the glasses with fresh strawberries and/or lime slices if desired. If you prefer frozen ritas, then add 3-4 cups of ice to the blender.
Recipe adapted from www.gimmesomeoven.com