This is kind of a mic-drop moment. It’s National Brownie Day! (I know – why isn’t it EVERYDAY?)
I am giving you what every person wants. A peanut butter-stuffed milk chocolate brownie recipe.
Sure, we want the brownie, but having the recipe means you have the just what you need to whip this up any day of the year.
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Milk Chocolate Brownies
Recipe adapted from www.thefoodiepatootie.com
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 325*F. Line an 8×8 baking square pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl. While whisking, add the melted butter to the sugar mixture; whisk in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to whisk to combine. Add flour and stir using a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chunks of the peanut butter middle (instructions below) and top with remaining brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean (a few crumbs are okay).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat all ingredients together on medium-high speed until combined.