This vegetable soup is so easy to make and healthy to boot. Just throw everything into a slow cooker and you’ll be eating a comfort meal with little effort.
- 1 cup fresh, whole kernel corn
- 1 large potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small, sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice, optional tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, optional water
- sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 8 – 10 hours.