1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 tablespoon water
½ cup feta, crumbled
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 green onion, chopped
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Thaw pastry sheet and spinach for about 40 minutes
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Whisk egg and water together, and set aside.
4. Mix cheeses, onion and spices in a bowl.
5. Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll to flatten seams.
6. Brush pastry with egg mixture.
7. Top with cheese mixture and spinach (leave about 1 inch free of toppings on one of the short sides to prevent overflow).
8. Starting on the short side that’s covered with filling, roll up pastry like a jelly roll.
9. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
10. Cut roll into 1-inch slices and lay them flat on baking sheets (about six per sheet).
11. Brush with egg mixture again.
12. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Note: This recipe makes about 12 pinwheels. You can cut roll into ½ inch slices for smaller pinwheels, or you can double this recipe and use the second pastry sheet in the package to make 24.