Recipe: Strawberry Crepes Flambé
My sister, the inspiration behind many of my recipes, has been making crepes for as long as I can remember. They make a tasty, light breakfast or dessert and can be filled and topped with whatever you like. This recipe makes about 16 crepes.
For this recipe, I decided to get a little bit fancier and light some strawberries on fire.
Strawberry Crepes Flambé Recipe
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounces sour cream
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Splash of lemon juice
4 large eggs
2 ¼ cups milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth, and refrigerate for about an hour before using.
1. Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but 2 is best.
2. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add butter to melt.
3. Slowly pour batter into center of pan, tilting it to evenly spread into a very thin layer.
4. Let sit for about 10-15 seconds. When batter begins to lightly brown, flip it over, and cook for another 10 seconds.
5. Remove from pan, and repeat process for remaining batter.
6. Spread filling into crepes, and roll each one up. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or serve warm.
7. Top with whipped cream and strawberries (or move on to the next step on the right).
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup sugar
2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 shots Grand Marnier or any liqueur of your choice
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add butter and sugar for about 30 seconds.
2. Add strawberries and lemon juice to pan, and cook until mixture becomes syrupy.
3. Add liqueur and carefully light it. When it is on fire, shake pan until there are no more flames.
4. Remove from pan, and use to top crepes.
Helpful hints: Sometimes it takes a while to get the “perfect” crepe. The consistency will be like a very thin pancake. I like to let the crepes cool a bit before adding the filling, but you can also serve them warm.
READ MORE: Recipe Monday: Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake