My foodie sources are telling me that this year’s strawberry crop in Cabot is a bumper crop. People are saying they are the sweetest berries they’ve had in a while. Maybe we are all just berry-deprived and any local berry is better than anything the grocery store will get shipped in.
That’s why this week’s recipe has the beloved strawberry in it, and I always love strawberries in a salad with feta cheese and toasted pecans. If you want to make this an entree, add grilled chicken sliced and a glass of pinot grigio. If you’re over the age of 21, that is.
Strawberry Feta Pecan Salad
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, toasted in an iron skillet with butter, brown sugar and salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a bowl; slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.